If you are interested in booking Paul for your comedy club, theater, private or corporate function, stand-up festival or special event, please email email@example.com.
Comedian Paul D’Angelo has been headlining A-List comedy clubs around the country for thirty-five years, entertaining hundreds of prominent corporate clients and opening for over sixty international stars, such as Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, The Beach Boys, Chicago, Tony Bennett and Tom Jones, while performing in famed entertainment venues ranging from the legendary Friar’s Clubs in NY and LA and the Waldorf Astoria’s main ballroom in New York City, to the main showroom at Harrah’s Casino and Caesar’s Palace. He co-starred in the acclaimed Showtime movie, ‘The Godfathers of Comedy’ and is the author of several award-winning comedy books.
Comedian Paul D’Angelo is a former assistant district attorney and criminal-defense trial attorney who simultaneously became one of the country’s top stand-up comedians.
Paul has been headlining A-List comedy clubs around the country for 35 years and has been the opening act for over sixty internationally known acts, including Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, Tony Bennett, The Beach Boys, Chicago, The Four Tops, The Temptations, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lyle Lovett, George Carlin and Dennis Miller, performing in famed entertainment venues ranging from the legendary Friar’s Clubs in NY and LA and the Waldorf Astoria’s main ballroom in New York City, to the main showroom at Harrah’s Casino and Caesar’s Palace.
He has also entertained hundreds of prominent corporate clients including Ford Motor Co., Sony Music Corp., Hewlett-Packard Corp., Nike-Bauer International, Fidelity Investments, Bike Athletic Corp., CVS/Caremark Inc., American & Delta Airlines, and the Burger King Corp.
Paul co-starred in the popular Showtime movie ‘The Godfathers of Comedy’ and is the author of several award-winning comedy books.
For more information go to: www.pdangelo.com
Who is the comedian/writer/actor that the Los Angeles Times calls “… quite likely the funniest entertainer you’ve never heard of… yet”?
Paul Murphy spent eleven as an assistant district attorney supervising several of Massachusetts’ busiest courthouses before becoming a successful criminal-defense trial attorney. The unexpected twist to this story is that, under the pseudonym Paul D’Angelo, Paul was simultaneously becoming one of the nation’s top stand-up comedians.
Paul has been headlining A-List comedy clubs around the country for 35 years and has been the opening act for over sixty internationally known recording acts, including Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, Tony Bennett, The Beach Boys, Chicago, The Four Tops, The Temptations, Jerry Lee Lewis, Huey Lewis & The News, Lyle Lovett, George Carlin, Joan Rivers and Dennis Miller; performing in famed entertainment venues ranging from the legendary Friar’s Clubs in NY and LA and the Waldorf Astoria’s main ballroom in New York City, to the main showroom at Harrah’s Casino and Caesar’s Palace.
He has entertained hundreds of prominent corporate clients all over the country, such as Ford Motor Company, Sony Music Corp., Hewlett-Packard Corp., Nike-Bauer International, Fidelity Investments, Bike Athletic Corp., CVS/Caremark Inc., American & Delta Airlines, NFL Charities, General Electric, Goldman-Sachs, UPS, the American Bar Association and the Burger King Corp.
Paul was a national finalist in the Johnny Walker Comedy Search; a national finalist in the San Francisco International Comedy Competition; a national finalist representing Boston in the ‘Laughs Across America’ comedy search; a national finalist in the Sierra Mist/Improv ‘Next Great Comic’ search; and was named ‘Boston’s Best Comedian by Boston Magazine.
Paul co-starred in Showtime’s popular stand-up comedy movie, ‘The Godfathers of Comedy.’ He has also released two DVDs and four critically acclaimed comedy CDs that are played regularly on national radio. Paul’s hilarious book, ‘Stories I Tell,’ was voted a global Gold Medal Winner of the 2015 eLit Book Awards; named a Finalist in the 2015 International Book Awards; earned Honorable Mention in the 2015 New York Book Festival; and was voted ‘Comedy Book of the Year’ in the 2016 L.A. Awards. The sequel, ‘More Stories to Tell,’ was also named a Gold Medal winner of the 2016 eLit Awards and a finalist in the 2016 International Book Awards; was voted a Finalist in the ‘Humor’ category in the 2016 Best Book Awards; voted a Silver Medal winner of the 2016 Global eBook Awards; and was a Winner in the humor category of the 2016 Book Excellence Awards. He has since had four other comedy books published, including three volumes of his hilarious “L.A. Misérables” series of diaries that detail his exploits in Hollywood from 1996-2002..
For more information go to: www.pdangelo.com.
- “Thank you for all the laughs you brought to our General Electric co-workers today. Your high-energy performance earned a lot of laughs from our audience and resulted in a standing ovation – Thank you for lifting our spirits and providing an awesome show.”
Ellen Sen, Senior Staff Engineer, GE Aviation Thermal Systems Design
- “Paul is as funny, and arguably funnier, than just about all of the most famous standup comedians in the country.”
Newport Daily News review of Newport Winter Festival Interview with festival promoter Joe Rocco
- “If you have never seen D’Angelo perform, you have never seen the best comic in New England and one of the best in the country. His quickness, wide range of subjects and incredible delivery are nothing short of genius.”
- “I just wanted to thank you for the recommendation on Paul D’Angelo. Hands down, funniest comedian we’ve ever had at CityStage Theatre.”
Tina D’Agostino President of City Stage Theatre
- “Your comedy is definitely my favorite of all the comics we’ve had (at the Claremont Opera House.) I enjoy the intelligence and thought behind it. I respect comics who use their intelligence rather than constant f-bombs or vulgarity.”
Louanne Lewit, Executive Director, Claremont Opera House
- “To date, you have been the best comedian they have ever had, and I’ve been with them for over ten years…”
Dave Pujals, President / CEO, T³ Corporation
- “You give us instant credibility whenever you perform with us. I truly have never met anyone who is more professional, more courteous of others or more talented in my life, than you.”
David DiLorenzo, Special Events Organizer
- “One of our employees had recommended you as the most appropriate entertainer ever for our diversified workforce and after seeing your presentation, we realize why.”
Andrea Bibeault, Entertainment Committee, Southboro Medical Group
- (You were) “by far you been the best received comedian we have had at this event.”
Christopher Samaras, Cultural Affairs & Special Events Coordinator, City of Lowell, MA
- “I would recommend you to my corporate colleagues in a heartbeat!”
Al Barchard, Officer, Tax Executives Institute of New England
- “You were amazing, Paul! I can honestly say we have never had a standing ovation at any of our events before. We would have you at every convention if we could. Awesome show!”
Barbara Zaenglein, Director of Executive Relations, Boardroom Events, Midmarket CIO Forum, Orlando, FL
- View More Feedback