Stories I Tell
© Copyright – Paul D’Angelo
The Los Angeles Times once called comedian D’Angelo “quite likely the funniest entertainer you’ve never heard of…yet.” Known as a prolific creator of intelligent, introspective and reflective humor that everyone can relate to…men and women, young and old, blue or white collar…there are still numerous comedy routines, funny stories and anecdotes that Paul rarely gets an opportunity to share with his live audiences.
D’Angelo’s book, Stories I Tell: A Comic’s Random Attempts to Make Some Sense Out of Non-sense, presents many of these comedic treasures in a random collection of entertaining musings, which range in subject matter from hilarious courtroom stories, to the dilemma facing an unhappy Eva Braun as she contemplates breaking-up with Hitler; from a stand-up comic’s life in Hollywood, to being attacked by a Great White Shark in his own water-bed; and from satirical commentary on contemporary society, to Paul’s awkward attempts at conversation while having lunch with Jesus. D’Angelo’s constantly evolving and diverse selection of original material takes normal everyday experiences and spins them into hilarious yarns. It’s a fun, easy read with unique observations and down to earth stop-and-think humor.
6th Annual eLit Awards: 2015 Gold Medal Winner
The eLit Awards are a global, industry-wide, unaffiliated awards program open to all members of the electronic publishing industry and is committed to illuminating and honoring the very best of English language digital publishing entertainment.
6th Annual International Book Awards: Finalist
New York Book Festival: 2015 Honorable Mention ‘Wild Card’ category
- “I laughed until I cried. Paul D’Angelo certainly knows how to tell a story and I have a feeling his stand-up routine is even better than his book. I’m amazed when I think that this very funny guy was once a lawyer, because the two certainly don’t go hand in hand. I have to wonder what his clients, the opposition, the jury and the judges thought if he ever interjected his sense of humor in the courtroom. D’Angelo has definitely found his calling in comedy and I can only hope there are more books to come. If you’re looking for something to read that will lighten your day, pick you up when you are down, or if you just want a good laugh, pick up a copy of ‘Stories I Tell’ and read one.”
Host of The Authors Show
- “D’Angelo entertainingly chronicles his adventurous life via a funny collection of anecdotes and satirical commentary … Supplies lots of laughs in its observances of the everyday.”
Best of Los Angeles Awards: Voted ‘Best Comedy Book of 2016’
- “Without a doubt the most entertaining book I have had the pleasure to read.”
- “This may be the funniest book that I have ever read.”
- “This book is amazingly funny!… I was literally holding my sides!”
- “Very funny & extremely entertaining… Highly recommend”
- “Definitely one of the best books I have ever read!!! You will be laughing from beginning to end!!!”
- “Thank you for sharing your talent. Stories I Tell was outrageously hysterical!”
- “Wow! I’ve read a million books from a million comedians and I have to put ‘Stories I Tell’ at the top of that list! Funny from start to finish!”
- “Paul is an immensely talented comedian and has been able to translate his hilarity to the written page.”
- “Stories I Tell is hysterical from start to finish. I literally laugh out loud when I’m reading it.”
- “It’s cliché to say a book is a ‘must read.’ Sorry, but this one just is a ‘must read’!!!”
- “… a must read for anyone who needs a good laugh.”